The Three Conditions are the basis for individual cultivation whereas the Six Principles of Harmony are the basis for group cultivation. The sangha is a group of four or more people who properly practice the Buddha’s teachings together, especially the Six Principles of Harmony. They are:
- Sharing the same viewpoints or goals,
- Abiding by the same precepts,
- Living and practicing together harmoniously,
- Not quarreling,
- Experiencing the inner peace and happiness from practicing together harmoniously and
- Sharing benefits harmoniously.